The team at Davis & Brusca, LLC agrees that one of the main tenets of a thriving culture is ability to share and debate opposing viewpoints, to challenge one another to consider alternative ideas, and to use this discourse to develop a meaningful compromise.
To that end, our firm is offering a $1000 scholarship to help a student who exemplifies a strong understanding of the value of debate and civil discourse. This student will have used the ability to share and communicate ideas in the face of adversity to help better their community.
- This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program in the United States. This includes accredited community college students as well as high school seniors and students who possess a GED who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
- The scholarship applicant must be dedicated to and exemplify strong community leadership in any community of which they are apart, as illustrated via their essay response.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above.
Essay Prompt & Questions
Respond to the following in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
- Describe a situation or time that you were able to use civil discourse to help improve a community on the whole.
- Since this time, what have you done to help lead your community to betterment?
- In what ways will your education help you continue to use civil discourse to be a strong community leader?
- Updated resume
- Essay, 1,000 word maximum. See essay questions above.
- Current unofficial transcript
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2020
All application materials must be submitted by this date
Award Announcement: December 2020
Scholarship Amount: $1000
Scholarship applicants must submit all application materials (see above) by email to: