Auto Accident Attorney Indianapolis, IN

There are many different types of auto accidents, all ranging in various amounts of severity. Motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, car accidents, and accidents with pedestrians and bicyclists all fall under this category of personal injury law. If you or someone you love was injured in an auto accident, contact an auto accident attorney Indianapolis, Indiana from Ward & Ward Law Firm right away to schedule a free consultation. We will go over the details of your case and figure out what the best way to move forward is. 

What should you do if you are involved in an auto accident? 

The first thing you need to do if you are involved in an auto accident is check your vehicle to make sure everyone inside is alright. If people are injured and need emergency care, call 911 right away. This includes the driver or passengers of the vehicle that hit you. 

Once you have made sure medical care is given to anyone who needs it, you should call the police to come to the scene of the accident. This is important because it will give an unbiased opinion on what happened and offer proof in court if you need it later. The police officer will evaluate the scene of the accident, possibly take pictures of it, and write a report on what happened. He or she will also take witness statements that can be valuable evidence as well. 

Finally, once you are done getting medical care and get the police report written, you need to contact an experienced auto accident attorney in Indiana right away to deal with insurance agents and to advise you on how to move forward. Your representation will be able to tell you whether or not the insurance settlement is fair and what kind of damages you should seek in your case. 

What kind of compensation can you seek in an auto accident case? 

There are many damages you can go after if you are involved in an auto accident. These can cover injuries sustained and any future surgeries, procedures, and rehabilitation costs that come along with it, current medical bills you have, and past damages you have already paid because of the accident. It should also cover any property damages that occurred from the collision and even potentially cover pain and suffering that occured because of the accident. Pain and suffering is meant to compensate people for emotional trauma, so it can be more difficult to figure out the monetary number that should be associated with it, but your attorney will know how to navigate through this. 

Contact an Auto Accident Attorney in Indianapolis Today 

You need to reach out to an attorney from Ward & Ward Law Firm right away to retain representation for your case. He or she will help walk you through each step of the way and will make sure you do not miss any important filing deadlines. Contact our law firm right away to set up a free consultation. We will be happy to speak with you about all of the details surrounding your case to try to get compensation.